Thursday 21 July 2011



Sitting with the guilt.

Sitting in the theatre
mobile phone in pocket
on vibrate mode
felt it’s jiggle three times
something to check
in the interval.

Here is that break
stand up
stretch legs
check messages
no 1 from friend
deal with later
no 2 UNICEF famine appeal info
read
do nothing
no 3 UNICEF
donate £10
by one word text
so I do
again I do
I do again.

Second half.

Millions are hungry
children are dying

I can't enjoy
I am sitting with the guilt
of the well fed.

4 comments:

CherryPie said...

Theatre time is chill out time, turn of the phone the messages will be there later.

When you have more time for your messages, you don't feel guilty because you are refreshed and able to deal with the challenges.

Cuby said...

Your words are the words of the wise!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

You have expressed perfectly what a lot of us feel.

Cuby said...

Thanks Welshcakes I am glad to receive your positive thoughts on my poem. It does help me to know that what I write connects with the reader. :)