Thursday 13 October 2011

The lure

away from the sea
the lure of the mountains
too much to resist
misty, mysterious
a mass of grandeur
seen from afar

across peat bog
granite rocks
tripping past dark pools
old sheep fence
bleached, collapsing
sheep just wandering

the weir at the end
of a forbidding loch
where water rushes
hastening seawards
mountains rise vertically
grey, bald, severe

crags that rise into cloud
unforgiving brutal
ascent rigorous
appeal visual
less likely virtual
the lure is strong

6 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

A beautiful description.

Moving with Mitchell said...

I always want to comment on your poetry but sometimes I'm afraid my comments will just cheapen the beauty of your words. Thanks!

Cuby said...

Welshcakes:Thank you.

Cuby said...

Mitch Block: Please do comment on my poetry as it will give me an idea as to whether my poems are any good and what I need to do to improve what I write. I welcome constructive criticism. Thanks. :)

Roy said...

Hi Cuby, I have to agree with Mitch Block, its difficult to provide a sufficiently suitable comment that your poetry deserves. You have an amazing talent. Its right that we should read it though and thank you for the privilege.

Cuby said...

Roy:Thank you for your kind comments.