Saturday, 24 September 2011

Lamorran

This wooded creek
sparkling water through the trees
secret so hidden
a favourite of mine.

I stand at
Lamorran
not moving but listening;
just listening.

The imperceptible
sound accompanies such grace
of a cob and pen
gently paddling.

Water trickles
to join the main flow
the sound is such music
of this serene place.

St Moran’s church
bells silent today
graveyard so quiet
a sanctuary for wildlife.

 Two pheasants' call
raucous
‘sans’ melody
cutting the peace.

I sit at
Lamorran
not moving but listening;
now watching.

This wonderful place.
Where peace can be found.
This secret so hidden.
My heart bursts with joy.

11 comments:

upwoods said...

This poem makes me feel still--listening, not moving--feeling the precious joy of life all around. A good way to start a morning. Thank you, Claire.

the cuby poet said...

Thanks Kathy I am glad you enjoyed it. I am pleased to share this secret with you.

CherryPie said...

The sounds of nature touch our hearts.

Mitch Block said...

What beautiful images. Thank you so much for finding me, so I could find you!

the cuby poet said...

Mitch; Welcome here. Beautiful places allow me to create beautiful images and enable me to transport you to these places you may never visit in reality.

the cuby poet said...

CherryPie: I agree.

FOLKWAYS NOTEBOOK said...

I could reach out and touch Lamorran through your words -- a great meditative place. Peaceful. -- barbara

the cuby poet said...

FOLKWAYS NOTEBOOK: I am so glad that I was able to take you there.

Judith said...

Lovely images Cuby. Everyone needs their own Lamorran.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

It sounds a wonderful place.

the cuby poet said...

Judith: Indeed they do.
Welshcakes : I am glad my poem conveyed that as it certainly is special.